12 February, 2010

A letter from Jignesh Goswami

Jignesh Goswami
5.2.2010
Respected Madam,
How are you?
I am writing a letter to share my latest experience at the Govindpur Madhyamic School. 348 students and 12 teachers attended my lecture. And the subject was one which is very dear to all of us- ‘Life Skills through Drama in Education’.
I started my lecture with the sentence….
Mentioning your name-Dr. Swaroop I acquainted them with them about how you introduced us to the concept of Life Skill learning through Drama in Education. I further went on to say that – ‘subject’ here is not drama or play or theatre…But it is about an innovative method in teaching and learning life-skills…It is about the process of doing drama and not the product of making a play…
The Chief Minister of our state Gujarat invited her to head the programme in using an innovative educational method to teach children life skills….
I highlighted the most important life skills which, I think, are: Value of Emotions, Self-awareness and effective communication… During my lecture I used examples given by Dr. when she was our facilitator..
I named my friends and peers and have a line to describe each of them…
• Bharatbhai- always teaching Life skills…every where
• Ramanuj- Reality of life for young people
• Rakesh- Life of the village and life skills
• Binduba- Heart of the life skills education
• Nima-mani- the school is the best institution for life skill education

Finally I got everyone to play the game - Do you like?!?

All the students and teachers were very happy and agreed with me concerning the contents of my lecture……..
 
Jignesh Goswami in our training programme with his lion mask!

0 comments: