08 February, 2010

The Change is a matter of insight!

Here is a letter from one of my trainee....
Patel Ghanshyam l.
Ravaliyavadar pra. shala
ta:drangadra
dist:surendranagar                                                                                        
                                                                                          
                           
 Dear Madam,
 I’m Ghanshyam
         1st of all, I am happy because now I love my school and class and student. Due to this training, I have become a loving teacher in our school. Now I feel that I have become ‘teacher’ in the true sense…for the first time.
 After the second training, day, this following changes have happened in my class and to me.
1.      I love my students and they also love me so much and also take care of me. One day I forgot my lunch box….. on  the second day I forgot my sweater... on the third day I  told my students, jokingly, that I’m not happy today because you can’t take care me….as I have not forgotten anything…. two students came running  to me and told me that... it will always be our duty to take care of you…you don’t worry.!!!
2.       Dear Madam, before this training in my student were not concerned for each other. They did not feel emotions like, sympathy for each other. Now after training I have noticed they really feel more emotion for each other ....they take care of other student and also care so much more for me …..Sometimes I think they care for me more than my wife does!.
I will give you an example …one day we went Gandhinagar for our school tour. On the return journey one boy named Vijay who was sitting by the window was feeling very cold because of winter breeze. So my student named p return Prakash told him please take my sweater…Vijay refused the offer. But Prakash insisted saying, please take my sweater you have fever.  Then Vijay took sweater. Prakash helped him. I love this moment my students shared with each other.
Another example of the gain through life skills training is …In our village lots of students live at field so one day a girl went at field to take care of the  buffalo and after return she picked big bors ( a kind of fruit) from the field. Not only for herself, not only for me but for the whole class. I am so impressed with this act of hers. I am so happy she cares for her peers and wants to share thing with them.
 In my class when students feel that I have wronged them ,I say “Sorry yaar” and when they are at fault they say “sorry sir, we will not repeat this mistake”.. I think this is a plus point/ good point of my class.
3.      I touched on the topic of gender education for some time. Now I’m happy because in my class they have lessened the differences between the girl student and the boy student. Now they think of themselves as ‘student’ fill that we are students
One day I saw...ek chokari chokara na sholder per hath rakhi ne vat karti hati....[ one girl had put her hands on a boys shoulder while talking]. They disregarded that she is girl and he is boy….good feeling after seeing that !!!!
4.      One student Shakti...te bahuj tofani []...daily 3 thi 4 tofan ni fariyad ave....tene hu roj fariyaad ave etle ubho karu ane prem thi kahu " beta tara thi avu na karay yaar..tara aa dost ne khotu lage ...ane tu dahyo che. kem tu aavu kare che?...have aavu naa karto ok?...sit down"  avu lagabhag 1 week karyu pachi ek divas tene bheti ne kidhu tu dahyo thayi gayo che te kem aavu karyu ..tena matha per haath fervyo ane kahyu have mane tara per visvash che k tu have tofan nahi kare...te divash thi Shakti ni fariyaad have aavti nathi ane bija students ne samjave che k tofaan na karay sir ne dukh thay really i m so happy.
One student Shakti …he is very naughty.. everyday there are 3-4 complains about him..as soon as there is a complain about him I make him stand up and tell him.” Child, you should not do this ..your friend will feel bad.. you are  a good child.. why do you do this? ..now do not repeat this ok? Sit down.” After about 1 week I called him near me, made him sit down and ran my hand through his hair patted him on his head lovingly and said,” Child, I have faith in you that you will not be naughty .” Since that day there are no complains about Shakti. In Fact I heard him telling some other students do not be naughty , Sir, will feel bad. I am so happy to see the transformation in Shakti…
5.      We prepared the statue of MAKARSNKRATI.
1st step was giving fodder for cow and giving chocolate for children.
2nd step was enjoying for kiting and
3rd step was one boy falls down from the terraceand everone is in shock.
but one boy told me- Sir, in 2nd step we should change… that one boy was enjoying cutting the other kite and another boy was sad as he his kite is cut….and I accept his advise and thanked him.
6.      1st January we welcomed 2010 with ‘emotion ni rangodi ni compitition’ [ Rangoli competion of Emotions] yojel jema badha students khubaj saras rite envolv thai ne bhag lidho ane ame badha techers bhega thai ek big smile emotion dori welcome 2010 lakhelu jena photograps pan che...
1st January we welcomed 2010 with ‘emotion ni rangodi ni compitition’ [ Rangoli competion of Emotions] All the students were involved in the activity and participated well. All the teachers got together and drew a huge smiley face to welcome the New Year…and took photographs…
I think this training for me the best training of my life and it is good for not only my school but also for me….now for 24 hours I think  about my classroom and  my student. I really am thankful dear Swaroop madam And to CM sir Narendrabhai Modi...thanx...for giving us this 
programme…..                                            
Some photographs of the situations  mentioned in the above letter......
 
                                                                                 

0 comments: